God’s grace overflows to us – every day of our lives!
Saving Grace! Sustaining Grace! Sharing Grace! Surprising Grace!
“And God is able to make all grace overflow to you” (2 Cor.9:8)
To meet this challenge, it will take the participation of all our members: our prayers, our time and abilities, and our financial participation.
Ways to Give
Whether part of our Sunday service or at some other time in your week, contributing your tithes and offerings is an act of worship so that we may be a blessing in this world. Here are various ways you can give. Thank you so much for supporting the ministries of First Presbyterian Church!
- Online – Make one-time or recurring contributions on the web.
- Worship – Place cash or checks in the weekly Sunday offering plate using the provided envelopes.
- Mail – Gifts can be mailed to: First Presbyterian Church, Attn: Finance Secretary, 870 W. College Ave., Jacksonville, IL 62650.
- In Person – You can also drop off a donation at the church between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Automatic Contributions – The easiest way for most people to set up automatic contributions will be to sign into your bank’s bill pay website, set up a new payee: First Presbyterian Church, 870 W. College Ave., Jacksonville, IL 62650 (if an account is needed use 870-870-870). Most banks allow you to set up recurring payment frequencies. You may also call your local branch to make the arrangements.
Take the next step!
- Together, we want our congregation – all ages – to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18). We can do this through intentional attendance in worship, participation in the GRACE book study, sharing visual (drawing, painting, photography, textiles) or written expressions of Grace Overflowing.
- Another necessary part of our Stewardship 2022 season is our financial commitment to support the ministry and mission of First Presbyterian Church. Our stewardship effort is the way we all keep this precious congregation moving forward into an exciting new future. Our stewardship is our response to God’s surprising grace! And our stewardship response includes our finances, as well as our skills and our time.
- Please pray and ask how God is calling you to share Grace Overflowing. Consider an increase in your pledge, in your giving – even a bold one.
COMMITMENT SUNDAY – November 20, 2022, 10:00 am
During worship, we will give everyone an opportunity to make a financial commitment to the life and ministry of our church. Please take time to pray about your giving for next year. Then fill out your card and bring it with you to worship or mail it to the church office. If you would rather fill out your card online, you can do so at www.firstpresjax.org/pledge OR Click Here for a pdf Commitment Card (pdf)